Deutsche Gesellschaft für Mechatronik (DGM) e.V.
The Mechatronics Association Germany
— Deutsche Gesellschaft für Mechatronik e.V.
(DGM for short) —
was founded by the members of an informal national working group in Germany
in the year 2004. The society promotes Mechatronics as a still quite young
This we do in the fields
- university education
- science and technology
- bilateral transfer of know how between university and industry
Particularly that means
- public relation work to promote the mechatronic paradigm in engineering sciences
- supporting interdisciplinary research, development and education
- facilitating transfer of know how to the mechatronic industry
These goals are implemented in different forums:
- Arbeitskreis Mechatronik an Hochschulen (AK) — the German working group for mechatronics at universities
- Fachbereichstag Mechatronik (FBT) — the organisation of mechatronics faculties
- international Network of Mechatronics Universities (REM)
as well as by any single member of DGM e.v.
As a self-contained non-profit institution we work independently and spanning over all universities and (German) federal states.